Sightseeing and Attractions in San Diego
There are an endless number of things to do in San Diego, from world-class attractions to world-reknowned theme parks. At the Doubletree San Diego - Hotel Circle, you'll be within easy reach of all of them. Our convenient Mission Valley location makes this the ideal "home base" for a delightful Southern California vacation. Enjoy a variety of activities from the San Diego Zoo to Sea World, and numerous other attractions that make San Diego a truly unique destination, including...
- SEA WORLD SAN DIEGO... Shamu awaits. Experience Sea World's biggest star and more, including Journey to Atlantis and other thrilling rides. Young or old, all visitors leave smiling and sometimes soggy -- no San Diego trip is complete without a visit to Sea World!
- BALBOA PARK... Home of the San Diego Zoo and one of the most popular urban parks in the United States, this bucolic paradise is packed with an array of museums and other attractions.
- SAN DIEGO ZOO... This world famous zoo is home to over 4,000 animals and 800 different species, and includes fascinating exhibits such as the Polar Bear Plunge, Tiger River, Reptile Mesa, and the Rainforest Aviary, a huge bird-filled Asian Jungle with waterfalls and lush tropical foliage.
- GASLAMP QUARTER... This 16 block national historic district in downtown San Diego offers visitors a variety of restaurants, bars, clubs and shops, in a setting highlighting historic Victorian architecture.
- USS MIDWAY... Head out to sea without leaving port! The USS Midway Museum in downtown San Diego is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family. Explore over 60 exhibits including a collection of 27 restored aircraft.
- OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO... Step into centuries past in this historic San Diego neighborhood featuring shops, restaurants, museums, historical sites, and Bazaar Del Mundo, a permanent fiesta with fabulous shopping and delicious ethnic food.
- SEAPORT VILLAGE... This 14 acre waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment complex with four miles of meandering cobblestone pathways and a boardwalk along the Bay is home to over 50 one-of-a-kind shops, a dozen casual dining eateries and multiple fine dining waterfront restaurants.
- CORONADO BEACH... Incorporated in 1890, this small beach community, surrounded by San Diego Bay and the Pacific Ocean, has a rich history and unique atmosphere.
- SPANISH VILLAGE ART CENTER... This community of over 250 artists and working studios is a fascinating area to take a leisurely stroll, meet the artists, see creative demonstrations, and enjoy the unique historic Spanish atmosphere.
- LEGOLAND CALIFORNIA... This 128 acre park contains 5,000 LEGO models made from more than 30 million LEGO bricks.
And just an easy drive away...
- DISNEYLAND RESORT... Mickey Mouse's kingdom entertains millions of visitors each year. The famous park encompasses more than 60 major rides, 50 shops and 30 restaurants spread over eight themed lands.
- DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK... This just might be the second happiest place on earth. Located directly across from Disneyland Resort, Disney's California Adventure Park squeezes a sampling of the state's major attractions like Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier, Gold Rush Country and more into 55 acres of thrill rides, exhibits, shops dining and other entertainment.
- DOWNTOWN DISNEY... This 300,000 sq. ft. dining/shopping/entertainment promenade features such flagship entertainment facilities such as House of Blues, a 12-screen movie theatre and ESPN Zone and more within an easily walkable area that will delight all ages.